GENERAL OVERVIEW OF RESPONSIBILITIES
You will be the anchor teammate to grow the Venture Cafe Events Bureau @ CIC. Some work will be independent while at other times it will require collaboration with other members of the Venture Cafe and CIC staff. You will be expected to manage interns, volunteers, and from time to time, external staffing support.
Potential responsibilities will include:
- Work with the Executive Director of Venture Cafe and the General Manager of CIC Rotterdam to create original programming that serves the needs of the local innovation community, the Venture Cafe community and CIC clients
- Screen and review incoming event requests through the Event Request Form (Event Request Form outlines detailed questions ranging from the content and mission of an event to the number of expected attendees.)
- Coordinate event details through the entire process (coordination includes providing tours and quotes for event spaces and conference rooms, communicating with building management and security, arranging vendors, ensuring all event details are clear to the Events Team and in line with policies, marketing events to the startup community, arranging event staffing, managing event follow-up and evaluation and finances)
- Work with the Venture Cafe Executive Director to continue to build upon and improve the Events Bureau’s work, partnerships and customer satisfaction
- Develop and maintain a positive and collaborative working relationship with our partners and ties in the community
- Create and facilitate events to benefit and strengthen connections and community for Venture Cafe partners and CIC members
- Collaborate with the events teams in other locations to work on projects to improve event services
- Communicate the philosophy of Venture Cafe’s events program and explain the parameters for hosting events at CIC
- Coordinate with Venture Cafe team/support staff to schedule and participate in event staffing, setup, and breakdown. Act as a resource to event hosts during the event to generally ensure that the event runs smoothly
- Proactively work to reach monthly targets (event revenue, number of events, and strategic focuses)
- Participate in training new Event Team members
- Conduct various administrative and financial tasks as appropriate/necessary
Starting compensation is a year salary between €38.000 – 40.000, based on experience and including a 8% holiday allowance. Annual reviews with raises every year for those on track with strong performance.